Here you can find some notes about my trip to south east asia. I was travelling through China, Vietnam, Cambodia and a little bit of Thailand from August to October in 2006. It was a wonderful trip. You can see a selection of photos on the Nice Photos page and most of them in the gallery.
During these six weeks, I visited the following places, staying about one to four days in each:
2. General Informationen regarding the trip
3.5.1. Long Sheng Terraces
3.5.2. Li River Boat Ride to:
4.3. Hoi An
4.4. Saigon HCMC
4.5. My Tho
4.6. Can Tho
5.1. Phnom Penh
5.2. Siem Riep und Angkor
6.1. Ko Samet
6.2. Bangkok + back
7. Leave Comments & Responses
- Beforehand, we organized 3 things:
- the flights from Frankfurt to Hongkong and back from Bangkok (www.opodo.de)
- visas for mainland China and Vietnam. Hongkong and Thailand do not require one and a Cambodian visa can be easily obtained at the border.
- There was no time for anything else, since I had to finish my Bachelor Thesis ^^.
- We traveled by plane, bus, train, boat, raft, catamaran, foot, moped, motorcycle, bike.
The famous tempel Angkor Wat is a representation of Mount Meru, the sacred mountain in Hindu religion, where Brahma is supposed to live.
If you want to know anything about the trip or one of these places, feel free to ask, by edting this page and writing your question at the end.