Here you can find some notes about my trip to south east asia. I was travelling through China, Vietnam, Cambodia and a little bit of Thailand from August to October in 2006. It was a wonderful trip. You can see a selection of photos on the Nice Photos page and most of them in the gallery.
During these six weeks, I visited the following places, staying about one to four days in each:
1. Germany - Organisation
- Beforehand, we organized 3 things:
- the flights from Frankfurt to Hongkong and back from Bangkok (www.opodo.de)
- visas for mainland China and Vietnam. Hongkong and Thailand do not require one and a Cambodian visa can be easily obtained at the border.
- There was no time for anything else, since I had to finish my Bachelor Thesis ^^.
2. General Informationen regarding the trip
- We traveled by plane, bus, train, boat, raft, catamaran, foot, moped, motorcycle, bike.
3.5.1. Long Sheng Terraces
3.5.2. Li River Boat Ride to:
4.3. Hoi An
4.4. Saigon HCMC
4.5. My Tho
4.6. Can Tho
5.1. Phnom Penh
5.2. Siem Riep und Angkor
The famous tempel Angkor Wat is a representation of Mount Meru, the sacred mountain in Hindu religion, where Brahma is supposed to live.
6.1. Ko Samet
6.2. Bangkok + back
7. Leave Comments & Responses
If you want to know anything about the trip or one of these places, feel free to ask, by edting this page and writing your question at the end.