Table of Contents
Old projects from undergrad...
- Manifold Learning and Dimensionality Reduction with Diffusion Maps
- Abstract: This report gives an introduction to diffusion maps, some of their underlying theory, as well as their applications in spectral clustering. First, the shortcomings of linear methods such as PCA are shown to motivate the use of graph-based methods. We then explain Locally Linear Embedding, Isomap and Laplacian eigenmaps, before we give details on diffusion maps and anisotropic diffusion processes.
- Rayleigh-Ritz quotient maximization by the largest eigenvector, a detailed proof with a quick introduction to linear algebra
- Convex Optimization And Modeling Tutorials - some proofs and Matlab code related to convex optimization
- Notes on the Formal Semantic Analysis of Metonymy and Metaphor [German] (pdf) Variation of Meaning in Natural Languages
- The code is in the .jar files. Beware, these were our first steps in Java.
- Zero Finder - A little console java program to find a function's zeros with either Regula Falsi? or Newton
- Caesar Chiffre - A simple console program that can encode and decode textfiles with the Caesar Chiffre
- Pythagoras Fractals - A GUI that lets you draw pythagoras fractals.
- Game Of Life - This is not really a game but rather a way to see how evolution can - with simple rules - create some interesting patterns in each life cycle.
- Java6u 14 Eclipse Ignores Breakpoints
- How To Install Ubuntu Desktop On VM Ware Under Windows XP
- Linux Unix Commands - some useful commands
- Ubuntu 1204 Randomly Logs Out
- Small Perl script that creates a suffix array, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suffix_array for more details.
- Some notes on the Pocket Loox T 830 PDA
- My digital camera Sony DSC P150 had dust on the CCD sensor. This tutorial has great instructions for cleaning the CCD.
- Link Board - interesting links about cs, math, software, philosophy, literature and miscellany
- Deactivate Activesync Sound